Diamond Glow is the treatment that helps you unlock that luminous skin you’ve been dreaming of for so long. This treatment is a non-invasive facial system that leaves skin immediately brighter, fresher, healthier, smoother, and more transparent. In addition, it gives you a more even complexion in just one single treatment with significant improvement of fine lines and wrinkles, rough skin texture, unwanted dark spots, and dull, lifeless skin over time.
Diamond Glow treatment uses a dermabrasion device patented diamond tip that can provide that one-of-a-kind resurfacing technology in cleansing and rejuvenating deeper levels of the skin. This skin treatment goes through a process of exfoliation, extraction, and infusion – eliminating toxins and leaving your skin rejuvenated and hydrated. Let’s learn more!
Diamond Glow: What It Is
Diamond Glow or formerly called Dermal Infusion, is a skin treatment that utilizes microdermabrasion. This process gently removes the stratum corneum or the layer of dead outer protective skin. This skin layer provides a small barrier for sun protection and anything that comes into contact with the skin. Over time, our skin cells turn over and accumulate excessive amounts of dead skin, resulting in a dull, lackluster skin appearance and decreased absorption and effectiveness of any skincare product. Skin exfoliation and buffing it away is the key to the healthy maintenance of that glowing complexion.
Diamond Glow is also a procedure that is non-invasive and mechanical – removing dead skin cells, dirt, and excess oil that accumulates over the skin surface. It improves the skin appearance that results in an immediate, younger reveal of radiant skin underneath. It is a procedure particularly effective for those who struggle with:
- Acne breakout
- Enlarged pores
- Fine scars
- Non-inflamed whiteheads
- Slight wrinkles
- Sun damage
- Uneven complexion
What Procedure to Expect
Even though no special preparation is required before the Diamond Glow treatment, having an initial evaluation and proper skin assessment with a dermatologist is also essential. Once you’re all set, here is the procedure you would undergo for your treatment:
- Cleansing – prepares your face for the treatment and is usually done using a cleanser and sponge.
- Massage – stimulates the blood flow in your face and relaxes the muscles.
- Steam – after scrubbing, your face will receive 15-minute steam that moistens up the skin and open up the pores.
- Treatment – the actual treatment runs the diamond glow rod over every inch of your face, feeling that faint brushing sensation that satisfyingly peels off dead skin.
- Cold Compress – allows the opened pores to subside and minimizes the redness and swelling felt after the treatment.
- Post-Treatment Cream – restores your skin’s natural balance and can also fight the dryness that might follow after.
How Does It Work
The Diamond Glow treatment benefits you in two general ways. First, it helps exfoliate your skin’s top layer – revealing healthy, radiant skin underneath. Second, it allows stimulation of blood circulation, literally giving you that pinkish glow. With no downtime, it can generally last from 30 to 45 minutes. This treatment can also help reduce the undesirable appearance of scars and stretch marks on the breasts, abdomens, and buttocks.
In addition, this treatment is also effective in:
- Increasing Collagen Production – it stimulates collagen production or the essential protein that combats loss of elasticity, fine lines, and wrinkles towards skin improvement.
- Lessening of Blackheads, Whiteheads, and Acne – in addition to pore tightening that is another benefit of this treatment, it also eliminates and reduces the likelihood of blackheads and whiteheads appearance and acne breakout.
- Improving Skin Condition – this skin treatment, in general, is designed to keep regular oiliness of your skin and keep it clean, smooth and healthy-looking.
Diamond Glow: Potential Side Effects
With this wealth of benefits, Diamond Glow is surprisingly very minimal in terms of risks and is only likely to occur when carried out by an inexperienced dermatologist. The worst symptoms you may experience include mild redness, itchiness, and sensitivity of the skin.
Diamond Glow: Promised Safety
As alarming as they may sound, the risks and symptoms mentioned earlier one can get from Diamond Glow treatment are only short-lived and possibly last for only a few days. Now, here are other things you should know regarding the safety of this skin treatment:
- It doesn’t involve chemicals that can potentially leave your skin looking reddish and sore for days.
- This treatment doesn’t require preparations before your scheduled procedure, although an initial evaluation assessing your skin’s condition will benefit you.
- Diamond Glow is gentle on any and every skin type even a younger teenager can experience.
- Your regular activities and daily routine are not affected after the treatment.
- This procedure allows you to safely undergo other skin treatments even right after your diamond glow treatment.
It is important to remember that although diamond glow treatments work on almost every skin type, people with existing inflamed acne or broken skin conditions may experience some bleeding during the treatment. This incident may likely not be advised before the treatment.
Diamond Glow: Post-Treatment Care
Diamond glow treatments help remove excess oil on your skin surface to give you that feeling of tightness and dryness. Take note of the following recommended tips for you to make the most of this treatment.
- Use moisturizers to keep your skin hydrated. After your diamond glow treatment, you may notice your skin becoming drier and uncomfortably tighter so, having a good moisturizer can make a big difference. It also helps soothe the itching caused by dryness.
- Wear and always apply an SPF 30 sunscreen. In addition, try to avoid prolonged sun exposure as much as possible. After your diamond glow treatment, the skin becomes potentially a lot more susceptible to darkening. With a recommended minimum of SPF 30 sunscreen, all your worries post-treatment can be set aside once and for all.
- Try to avoid products that may or can sting. Avoid using creams or astringents on your face that may be too harsh for the skin as much as possible. Hypoallergenic products and makeup are necessary for this incident.
- Limit your makeup use. Pores tighten up and are still recovering after the diamond glow treatment. It’s recommended to limit makeup use for the next 24 hours after treatment because it can irritate your skin. Best use products with hypoallergenic ingredients if there is a need for you to use cosmetics still.
- Control touching your face as much as you can. Likewise, keep your hands away from your face after the diamond glow treatment. Our hands have a lot of bacteria and germs that can make their way to your pores and cause infection or even eventual skin damage. Wash your hands regularly or wear gloves if there is a need for you to touch your face. This discipline minimizes the spread of bacteria in your face and compromises the results you’ll get from the treatment.
Diamond Glow: Final Thoughts
At the end of it all, skin treatments are only effective when you take care of yourself afterward. Don’t waste your efforts and money by not being disciplined, incredibly a few months after your treatment. With this, your diamond glow treatment and any other procedures you’ll have in the future will come through and make you shine your brightest.
If you want to know more about diamond glow treatment, our great friends from Alaska Cheeky Med Spa are the best in the field to help you out. Visit them now!