Clearlift is a non-surgical facelift treatment that uses lasers to smoothen skin with great results and no downtime or discomfort afterward. The traditional facelifts can be very scary and painful and will indeed require rest and careful healing. This procedure is not for everyone, but there will still be people who would want that boost and lift without dealing with the “cons” a traditional facelift provides.
As a non-ablative treatment, Clearlift allows patients to keep life moving without the need to succumb to the inevitable effects of aging skin. By working on the skin’s inner layers, the outer layer remains unscathed, allowing the body to heal from the inside out. ClearLift has proven significant in dealing with wrinkles, fine lines, and loose skin that results in a beautifully tightened and rejuvenated after-effect along with the eyes, mouth, neck, and chest. Today, let’s have a complete guide about Clearlift before you decide to go for it.
How Does Clearlift Work?
Clearlift creates tiny micro-injuries to the epidermis, the top layer of the skin, and the dermis, or the second layer of skin containing glands, follicles, and collagen fibers. These tiny micro-injuries that result from the fractionated laser will result in the skin repairing itself. This action of repairing stimulates new collagen production. The new collagen improves the look of wrinkles, fine lines, pore size, and crow’s feet, helping lift and tighten the skin.
Clearlift is very effective as a treatment for pigmentation issues like sun damage and melasma, which can be a challenging concern to treat as melasma can be heat-stimulated. Using acoustic soundwaves, Clearlift breaks down pigment without heat use and stimulates the condition further.
What Can Clearlift Treat?
Clearlift can help treat a variety of different concerns like:
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Photodamage (damages caused by the sun)
- Uneven skin tone
- Skin Laxity
- Facial vascular issues like Rosacea
- Pore size
- Melasma and Pigmentation
- Dark scars and spots
- Crow’s feet
- Smoker’s lines (those around the mouth)
- Dark circles
- Unwanted facial filler breakdown
What is Clearlift Treatment Like?
Clearlift starts with a consultation where you fill out all the necessary forms while your practitioner answers any questions you may have about the treatment. Patch tests are also performed to let you feel what the therapy is like as your practitioner sees whether you are suitable for the treatment, adjusting settings that will give you the best results.
After that, you will need to wait 24 – 48 hours before having your first treatment.
During this first treatment, the targeted area is thoroughly cleaned, with protective goggles for you to wear. This treatment can last around ten (10) minutes up to one (1) hour, having significant control over the treated areas. During your first consultation, your laser therapist has already determined how long your treatment will last. Particular concerns, for example, crow’s feet, practitioners may spend more extended time treating this area of concern. The treatment is very flexible, and practitioners can cater to your needs.
In the end, practitioners may apply aloe vera or other known products suitable to your skin types, like a hydrating serum or a particular moisturizer with an SPF 50.
Is Clearlift Painful? What are the Side Effects?
Clearlift is a very gentle yet very effective treatment. You may experience slight snapping on the skin as the laser gets applied and the skin is treated, not painful. Slight erythema or redness of the skin may be seen if your skin is sensitive. However, this instance is not very common. No known side effects result from Clearlift, making it a very safe treatment to have, especially when suitable for the treatment.
How Many Clearlift Sessions Do I Need?
For best results, it is recommended to have a course of 6 Clearlift treatments spaced four (4) weeks apart. This setup can deliver fantastic results after the first session; however, it is especially effective in the long term. This idea makes Clearlift a beneficial treatment and a preventive measure for aging and for targeting specific concerns. Results will continue to work long after your sessions have finished, with the best results seen after two (2) months.
What Do I Need to Do After My Clearlift Treatment?
As a gentle treatment, Clearlift does not require much to do after the treatment. Go back to cleansing your face as usual while avoiding exfoliation for the first 24 hours. This step helps prevent overstimulation of the treated area. In addition, staying out of the direct sun and wearing an SPF would also help prolong the results.
Clearlift can work well with other treatments for better results if necessary. Laser therapists will talk you through the available options, tailoring a treatment plan made especially for you.
Clearlift Before and After Care
- Don’t proceed if you have undergone Accutane (isotretinoin) treatment within the last 12 months.
- Don’t use exfoliants like retinol, all known topical acne treatments, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, benzo peroxide, and hydroquinone one week before your treatment.
- Shave hair in the area to be treated. For men, this may require shaving twice.
- Take your prescriptions and medications as prescribed.
- Areas to be treated must be clean and free of any lotion, makeup, and sunscreen. If you have these products on, wash them off entirely before the treatment using an oil-free, PH-balanced cleanser.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight and tanning altogether for ultimate skin health.
- Postpone any important events within the next ten (10) days before undergoing ClearLift. Although very rare, some patients may develop flushing a couple of days after treatment, while others develop small, white pustules the day after treatment and can take 3-10 days to disappear.
- Discontinue using any products containing Retin-A, Retinol, or any other photo-sensitizing medication one (1) week before your treatment. You should then avoid these products during your treatments.
- Avoid any other chemical peels for the next 1-2 weeks before and after treatment.
- The skin may appear to be flushed right after your treatment, a normal reaction to the ClearLift treatment.
- Apply post-treatment products suggested by your respective provider.
- Shower using a gentle cleanser on the treatment area.
- Wear broad-brimmed hats and a pair of sunglasses.
- Apply sunscreen that has no chemicals around a week after your procedure.
- Reapply sunscreen after every 2-3 hours to have good protection against UV exposure.
- Never undergo or use exfoliants, chemical peels, facials, scrubbing, microdermabrasion, shaving, and waxing for the next two weeks after the procedure.
Final Thoughts on Clearlift
Clearlift may be the procedure best for you. Always remember to do research first and consult your doctor before undergoing any treatment or procedure. Clearlift is designed to help you achieve the best version of yourself in terms of aesthetics, but a little knowledge about the treatment won’t be a hassle.