The secret behind Dermaplaning skin resurfacing is using an extremely fine, surgical-grade blade to gently exfoliate the epidermis, removing fine vellous hair (“peach fuzz”) and dead skin cells to reveal a smooth, vibrant, red carpet ready complexion. Dermaplaning is a quick procedure that allows the skilled staff at Cheeky to delicately abrade the skin’s surface, showing off your skin’s inner beauty. This treatment is currently not allowed to be performed by aestheticians in the state of Alaska. Here at Cheeky, a medical professional performs this service.
A single treatment is $120
Combine with Diamond Glow for $280
Add Illuminate Peel for $50
Deep exfoliation without harsh abrasives or peeling agents, making it perfect for pregnant women or those who prefer a non- chemical skin resurfacing technique
- Men and women with peach fuzz that creates a dull look due to buildup of dirt and oil
- Creating a smooth surface so anti-aging beauty products can penetrate more deeply and be more effective
- Preparing the skin for laser treatments and Chemical Peels
- Enhances the effects of your upcoming Facial Treatment or Resurfacing Infusion
Should you find yourself saying “YES!” to any of the following questions, Dermaplaning may be the perfect facial treatment to improve the look of your skin:
- Do acne scars cause you embarrassment, leaving you looking for a safe and effective way to enjoy smoother skin?
- Do you notice a dry, aged complexion looking back at you when you look in the mirror?
- Are you looking for a way to gently and effectively remove the top layer of your skin to reveal the smooth, undamaged face beneath?
- Dermaplaning is a perfect skin resurfacing technique for patients with especially rough or dry skin, hyperpigmentation problems such as melasma or sun spots, mild acne scars or fine facial lines and wrinkles. Does a buildup of dead skin cells make imperfections and fine lines look more pronounced than they actually are? If so, Dermaplaning may be for you!
- You may have heard an “old wives’ tale” about vellus hair removed during Dermaplaning growing back heavier and darker, but don’t believe the myth! Any hair removed will grow back at the same rate and with the same texture as it had previously.
- It’s important to be especially conscientious about sun exposure after your Dermaplaning session to avoid hyperpigmentation.
- Dermaplaning can be performed as often as every four weeks,.
- Dermaplaning can be used in conjunction with other med spa treatments, helping powerful anti-aging products to penetrate more deeply.
Dermaplaning is a quick and easy procedure resulting in almost no discomfort or down time. No recovery period is required, and your Cheeky provider will apply a deeply hydrating moisturizer and sunscreen after your treatment in order to protect the skin so you can go about your day. It’s important to follow any special post-treatment instructions we provide in order to maximize your comfort and help you get the most from your Dermaplaning treatment.
You should see a noticeable glow immediately after treatment as dead, dull layers of epidermal skin are removed. Without excess vellus hair trapping excess oil and skincare products, most patients see a marked improvement in the skin for a brightening, anti-aging effect. Repeat treatments will be necessary to maintain your results when you see your peach fuzz returns, usually after approximately one month.